If I could give a zero rating I would. I purchased their "platinum" "top of the line " plan and less than 3 months into my home I learn what a joke Old Republic is.

Bought a home less than 3 months ago and for piece of mind I purchased a home warranty for a home that was 20 years old. Less than 3 months in the House my HVAC unit goes out in the middle of Phoenix Summer. I think "it's a great thing I have Home Warranty. They specifically told me that my A/C unit was covered.

They send out a technician the next day and I am told by Old Republic that my AC unit is still under manufacturer warranty and that warranty superceeds my home warranty. What does this mean to me? This means the manufacturer will replace the parts but I am responsible for paying the labor and the cost of freon. Total amount out of pocket, $2,200.

I have the platinum plan, which is the best plan Old Republic Offers. I also added my pool. Paid just under $700. I called some of the other higher rated home warranty companies and was told that of i had their warrant I would have been covered.

I am now looking for a new company and wanted to warn other potential Old Republic consumers to stay away.

Their ratings are low for a reason. You have been warned!!!

Review about: Old Republic Home Protection Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments